Pupil Premium Information
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is allocated by the Government to address current inequalities by ensuring that pupils who are disadvantaged receive appropriate support to achieve in school. PPG is allocated to support the learning of pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) or who are looked after children (LAC).
The pdf report (see base of page) below gives full details of the PPG spending 2014-'15 as well as our outline plans for 2015-'16.
In 2013-14, the PPG was precisely targeted on:
- Training Teaching Assistants on specialised programmes of support and intervention to achieve rapid catch-up in phonics (Read Write Inc).
- Training for some staff on creating outstanding lessons to increase the rate of progress of pupils eligible for the PPG .
- Teaching assistant support for rapid reintegration of pupils into the lessons to ensure they effectively apply the specific skills taught over a short period with increased independence.
In 2012-2013 our PPG was used for:
- Training in nurture for SENCO and Teaching Assistants to enable pupils to more rapidly acquire self esteem and a readiness to learn.
- Continuing to support vulnerable pupils and groups of pupils through extra Teaching Assistant hours focused on specific intervention programs.
- Weekly sessions with a qualified children's counsellor to address issues in some pupils' lives which can preoccupy these pupils and prevent a readiness to learn.
(For details of our SPORTS premium click here and scroll to the bottom of the team Tachbrook page.)